Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Still here

Yes, I am still here. No baby yet. I do believe that we are going to have a May baby, rather than an April one, but I am probably jinxing myself and I will go into labor tonight.
I have gone back to work. I am working 8 hour shifts until the end of my pregnancy rather than the 12 hour shifts. This is making things a little bit more easy on me, as it is a bit more tolerable. I am still pretty tired after 8 hours and now I am wondering how I ever did 12 hour shifts.
We had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, and everything is looking good. At that time the baby was 5 pounds 14 ounces, and they said the babe will probably gain about 1/2 pound a week until delivery, so that would take us to about 7 pounds 14 ounces. I think that sounds like a pretty good size. My amniotic fluid level has decreased, but they are still monitoring me with Non-Stress tests twice a week. I am still having Braxton Hicks, and a lot of lower abdominal cramping, but no dilation yet. He checked me today. The baby has started to drop though, and is at station -2. I am finding sleeping to be quite challenging, as the babe seems to have a foot wedged under my right rib. I guess it is getting tight in there.
We are pretty much ready for our new family member. The nursery is complete, the bassinet is beside our bed, the car seats in the cars, and the bags packed for the hospital.
I will keep you posted, and post some photos later, but I wanted you all to know that we are still here, just waiting for the babe to make its grand entrance.

No comments: