Thursday, November 23, 2006

Give Thanks on Thanksgiving

So, today being my last day off before the big party on Saturday I set out with my list of things I needed to get done, and I have almost accomplished all tasks. I must say that I am very tired today. I made this absolutely delicious looking pie - Chocolate Pecan Pie. I wanted to eat it once it came out of the oven. Then I made my sweet potato dish, which is going to be an nice change from the norm, I hope.
Ryan was a great help today for me, even though I am sure he wanted to rest on his day off. Today being Thanksgiving, you must look at your life and reflect upon what you are thankful for. I know that there are so much to be thankful for, and here are some of them.
1. Ryan. Words cant express how thankful I am for him. He makes me laugh when I definitely need to laugh, and his love is so amazing. Like I said, he was so helpful today he definitely
earned his gold strip. Thanks Ry for everything!
2. Tears. I am thankful for tears. No, I didn't go insane today (This is in reference to my sister's call today to make sure I was still sane around 3pm after much cooking and preparation). I am thankful for tears in so many ways. Tears can be reflective of so many emotions; joy, love, happiness, sadness, and sorrow. Today I received a tearful call from Matthew my 3 year old nephew. His tears where of much sadness, as he thought he was coming today to see Ryan and I. These tears of sadness for me, however did make me sad, also made me realize how much Matthew cares for Ryan and I and how much he wanted to be with us tonight. Don't worry Scooter, you will be here soon. One more sleep and then we can play:)
3. Luck. Today Ryan and I had a small fight with our dryer. You see, this dryer can be very stubborn at times and today it was having a bad day I guess you would say. There seems to be an electrical problem with our dryer and it will not always start. Today was the day I thought it had died, especially after Ryan was through with it. We decided to take it apart, as much as we could and try to figure out what was going on. We have done this before, and honestly we don't know what is going on under that dryer hood, but we gave it the old college try. So, today I am thankful for luck because after fiddling with it, it did start to work. BUT speak of the devil, it is acting up again! So, we may be in the market for a new dryer pretty soon. This would bring me to my next thing to be thankful for . .
4. Sales. I absolutely love to get sales. Tomorrow is a big deal here for people looking for sales. I will be working but I believe Ryan is going out at 5am to shop. You heard me right, 5am. That is when the stores open! Actually, Birch Run is opening at 12 midnight tonight. Now, that is dedication, I will admit, I did think if I wasn't working tomorrow . . .So, I am thankful for sales, because I feel such gratification when I get a deal.
5. FAMILY. I am most thankful for my family. I am so fortunate to have a wonderful family whom I enjoy to spend time with. I am so looking forward to every one's arrival for this weekend's party. There is nothing better than a house full of laughter and love, and that is what I am hoping for this weekend. I cant wait to hear children's voices, from Emily, Matthew and little Jillian's gaa-gaas. I am so excited about everyone coming!! Hurry up and get here!!
6. Health. As a nurse, I definitely see my share of the sick. So, I am thankful for the health of my family.
So, on this thanksgiving 2006, I have a lot to be thankful for. There is more but this is just a tid bit of what I was just thinking of. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scooter seems better now, it is 7:30 and I think (hope) he is on the mend. Get that turkey thawed for an ol' fashioned fryin"

Anonymous said...

As Scooter's, and the rest of these kooks driver, I hope the border isn't too busy Saturday morning. The deep fryer is coming!

Anonymous said...

scooter is great (ok) i hope he can go.meanwhail pam,tom,and emily are great. if scooter is still sick tom&emily will go. hope to see you tomorow.i love you and i miss you.say hi to everyone.i love you all(family).