Saturday, November 24, 2007

November Update

Well, I haven't written much this month again. I guess I am still battling with my body's reaction to this little being inside me. The nausea and vomiting has not subsided yet leaving me disappointed. I am now into my 15th week and I was quite hopeful by now I would be feeling more like the "old Kelly" that I have grown to miss. My MD told me at my last visit that it could last until 18 weeks, so I guess there is nothing to do but stick it out. I still haven't gained any weight. Even though I am starting to look rounder, especially in my eyes, the scales are not climbing. I am still down 8 pounds from the beginning of this journey. What is driving me really nuts is the way that people seem to judge me. It is almost like people think I am trying not to gain weight. People will tell me I need to eat more, or my favourite, that I am starving the baby. Do people really think that I am enjoying this feeling of nausea, the gagging feeling whenever I put something into my mouth. Believe me, I would love to be big - have gained a gazillion pounds by now. I expected it to be that way, not this way where I am still depending on pills and ginger ale daily. Anyone that has dealt with nausea, especially this hyperemesis state in which I can get into, understands what I am going through. But the majority of people think that it is just part of being pregnant and that to suck it up. I would love for those people to live a couple of days with my stomach. Then maybe they wouldn't be so judgemental.

Anyways, enough with that rant. November has come and gone quickly. We celebrated Ryan's 28th birthday on November 14th. This is the first time that we have gone out to eat at a restaurant since the day that we found out we were pregnant. We went to "Famous Dave's" and ate some BBQ. It was pretty good. I especially liked the baked beans and the potatoes. All in all, I think Ryan had a good day. His day at work sucked, he didn't even take a lunch break but once he got home he said his birthday was good.

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and in reflection I believe I started this blog about a year ago when I was getting ready for our Thanksgiving party. This year we decided to forgo the festivities as I have been so sick and really didn't feel like putting on a party for 24 people and having 17 sleep over. We did miss our families not being here. This is the first Thanksgiving that we haven't celebrated since we came here four years ago. However, I did work Thanksgiving day, which means more excitedly, I will be off for Christmas Day! I have been scheduled to work every Christmas day since I became a nurse. I am very excited about that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Kel. You poor momma. I really feel for you, and I think it's disgusting, the comments people can make.
I love the one about ' well why don't you just try crackers..it worked for me!!" Ugg. Shut up.
Sorry about thanksgiving, I know that little bit of Martha inside you is just screaming for some creative outlet :)
I hope the pills start giving you some serious relief soon...I have to take them all 9 months if I don't want to throw up, but they usually start working well just after the first tri. Are you getting any energy back?
Praying for you girl, and I totally can't WAIT to see you at Pats party!!!
(even if you just want to lay on the couch sipping ginger ale....)

The Rebelo Family said...

So sorry to hear you're still not feeling better, Kelly. I hope you're able to eventually enjoy the pregnancy, but I definitely know many people who have been through what you're going through. I myself was fortunate to avoid severe nausea, and though I've some serious dicomfort at this point, I can't imagine what you're going through. I can sympathize with comments, as people always have something to say. For me it's been the exact opposite, particularly with this pregnancy, as people think I'm far larger earlier, and feel no inhibitions in telling me so, rudely I might add. Neither context is appreciated, so like I said I can sympathize. And I can't say I love gaining 40+ pounds, but each body reacts differently to the pregnancy it endures. Just know that in the end you'll have something so special and incredible, it's truly beyond measure and will make you forget (hopefully!) the cheeky comments thrown your way. Thinking of you and wishing you the best damn second half of a pregnancy imaginable as it sounds like you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Kelly I really hope you start feeling better! Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! How are you my friend? I read your blog and just wanted to say HANG IN THERE!! You will get through this. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I do feel for you girl - nothing is worse then feeling sick! Soon you will be eating ice cream like no tomorrow! hahaha! Alright, well I will see you soon! Miss ya!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

kelly hope you feel better see you soon i love you