Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stay at home mom



Well, I have started my role as a stay at home mom - at least for the next 10 weeks. Unfortunately I will be back to work come August 3rd. This is a hard thing to take when all my friends from Ontario get an entire year off. I yearn for that time off as I am already dreading the date of the 3rd of August.

I am loving my time with Lyla. Granted, there are times when I am frustrated and tired and wondering what my little girl needs but overall I just love having time with my babe. I love holding her in my arms when she is sleeping and just looking at her in awe.

Anyways, last week we went to the doctor for a follow up check up. At that time, Lyla was 6 pounds 13 ounces. She was 20 inches at that time. They were happy with that growth.

On Monday afternoon, Lyla started a growth spurt. Yesterday Lyla wanted to eat all the time. She would not nap longer than 30 minutes and then she would want to eat again. Needless to say it was a tiring day for both Lyla and myself. Today she is more like herself and we were able to enjoy the weather by going outside for a walk.

Well, I hear my girl.. gotta run...

No comments: