Sunday, December 3, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom


Happy Birthday Mom! I hope that you had a wonderful day, and many more to come.
I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you, but I will see you soon.
I love you very much! You are one of my best friends. Thank you for all you do and all that you mean to our family. You are truly an inspiration to us all, you are the best.
Ode to Mom
Wayne F. Winters
My mom was always there for us through good times or bad.
Anything we needed she made sure that we had.
For Halloween she'd dress us up like a pirate or a ghoul
For Easter she would hide those eggs and chocolate bunnies too.

Our birthday cake always home baked and decorated too
The frosting spread with loving strokes as only she could do.
Each flower and each letter had to be put on just so
A masterpiece with candles lit, "Make a wish and blow."

Doctor Mom was ready for each cut and every sprain.
And somehow just a kiss from mom would get rid of the pain.
She didn't need a white lab coat her housedress did just fine
And when you left her "office" you felt better every time.

For Christmas and Thanksgiving you could count on quite a treat.
Roast turkey or a baked ham and of course some homemade sweets.
She'd be in the kitchen for hours on those days
To show how much she loved us in every single way.
I wrote this so you'd know How much I love you every day, even if it doesn't show.
I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above.
For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just loved your poem about your mom and every word in the poem is your mom to a "T". She is a very lucky mom to have a daughter like youl. Love Mom H.