Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Visit to Nana and Papa's

As I said in my last post, Lyla and I made a rather impromptu trip to Nana and Papa's house about 2 weeks ago. Ryan left in the morning and neither one of us thought we wouldn't see each other for 3 days, but as it happened Lyla and I decided to hop in the car and go home for a couple of days. This was a little nerve racking because it would be the first time that Lyla had traveled a great distance without another set of hands to hand her toys, food and drink. Rather it was just me and her and Lyla did GREAT! The trip is about 2 to 2.5 hours and each time she slept about an hour or so and then played quietly in the back seat. She was a great girl. But believe me, I would rather have Ryan with us. At least I now know I can make it to Nana and Papa's on my own!

Luckily Nana had an umbrella stroller at her house, as I didn't bring my stroller due to space limitations. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining so we went out for a "stroll" in the afternoon. The funny thing with this was the whole time Lyla was in the stroller she had to have her legs sticking straight out. It was quite cute! Then Nana got out the bubbles and we sat out and blew bubbles in the sun.


I went home to see a good friend of mine but this also allowed Lyla and I to see Nana, Papa, Aunt Pam and her favorite cousins - Emily, Matthew and Jillian. It was great fun!
The kids had a lot of fun playing together. Lyla loves her cousins! I hope that Jillian and her will grow up to be close friends!Matthew was great at showing Lyla how to do certain things. He was especially good at making the top spin!I was missing my co-partner, Ryan for bath time. But no worry on this night! I had 3 little helpers eager to help get Lyla ready for bed!
Of course we cant forget 'Papa'. Before we left, Lyla had been looking at Nana and Papa's picture and pointing at Papa and saying 'Papa'. So she got to see him in the flesh which was a treat! Here are the two of them have a early morning snuggle and discussion.
Thanks Mom and Dad (Nana and Papa) for accomodating our impromptu trip. I have a feeling it will be happening again ..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip - I can sure think of a few times I wish we'd of had an umbrella stroller on hand!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I was going to post that fridge picture!! You beat me to it.

Looking forward to our visit. I have been busy looking and printing coupons. I have one for Carters? Do you have one?