Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lyla's top 3 reasons why she loves Gymboree

Today, Lyla had her Gymboree class. She has been enjoying this so much, I am so glad that we enrolled.

Here are Lyla's top 3 things she loves about Gymboree Play and Learn Class.

3. Kids. This is a great opportunity for Lyla to interact with other children her age. She studies the other children intently and watches their every move. Sometimes when Ryan and I take her for open gym, she spends more time watching the other kids rather than playing with the toys.

2. She loves Gymbo. This is the Gymboree mascot! He is a clown and we sing songs with Gymbo and he may even come and give Lyla a hug, or Tickle Lyla. Lyla gets very wide eyed and happy whenever Gymbo comes out.

1. I think more than anything, Lyla enjoys the circle time in which we sing songs with actions. We clap our hands, and pat our legs and tick like a clock. Every time I look down at Lyla she has a big open mouth smile on her face. Just loving it all!

There is one thing Lyla does not like about Gymboree, it is the parachute. She is fine with it at first, but then we all go underneath the parachute and we sing songs under it, now that is fine- but it is what happens next. We leave the little ones under the parachute and sing to the kiddies as we lift it up and down, and up and down. So Lyla can see me intermittently, with the parachute going up and down. I know Lyla understands object permanence, but this parachute flapping seems to make her anxious and leads to some howling. No tears today and she managed to stay under for the entire exercise, which is an improvement from last week. So, hopefully by the end of the month she will enjoy the parachute, we will just work on it.

I will leave you with some picture of Lyla and her new friend - Gymbo. She gave me the open mouth smile after our class when I showed her this little guy. No mom can say no that that look of happiness.








2 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Kelly,

Thanks so much for visiting me today on my blog as it took me 8 or 9 posts to get pictures up.~sign~ I feel accomplished though and your sister was such a big help. I just met her and I love her. I have a niece who lives in Livonia, Mi. She has two kids and a baby girl in heaven. I just love your Lyla, oh my. What a beautiful little girl. I just love kids so much. I hope you come back to visit. I am going to catch up on your blog here tomorrow morning. Have a great night and day tomorrow.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Gymbo seems to go everywhere with Lyla these days, good investment Kelly!!